Director of Service – Dan Hardy, M.D.
The microbiology service at CPA focuses on the timely delivery of accurate and clinically relevant test results about infectious diseases. Testing in this area of medicine is highly dependent on clinical context, choice of specimen, choice of tests, and test interpretation.
This service is the liaison between physicians and the laboratory microbiology department, and offers:
- Advice about testing for infectious disease.
- Consultation on diagnostic issues.
- Guidance on antimicrobial susceptibility testing.
- Interpretation of test results.
- Parasite identification.
- Special stains for organisms.