Joined Clinical Pathology Associates: 2012
Primary Service Location:
Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas
- Clinical Pathology Associates – Director of Placental Pathology Services
- Anatomic and Clinical Pathology (2006) re-certified in 2015
- Pediatric Pathology (2007) re-certified in 2015
Areas of Interest:
- Placental Pathology
- Perinatal Autopsy Pathology
- Neurodevelopmental Pathology
- Pediatric Pathology, Children’s Medical Center of Dallas
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas (AP/CP)
- Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- University of South Florida
- Rivera-Begeman, Amanda. 2015. Methods for improving cerebrospinal fluid flow. U.S. Patent 9,011,368. Filed 9/25/2013 and issued 4/21/2015.
- Rivera-Begeman, Amanda. Developmental neuropathology of cortical dysplasia. 3/27/2014. http://www.slideshare.net/amandariverabegeman/cortical-dysplasia
- Kosarek JN, Woodruff RV, Reivera-Begeman A, Guo C, D’Souza S, Koonin EV, Walker GC, Friedberg EC. Comparative Analysis of in vivo interactions between Rev1 protein and other Y-family DNA polymerases in animals and yeasts. 2008. Volume 7. Pages 439-451.
- McDaniel LD, Rivera-Begeman A, Doughty AT, Schultz RA, Friedberg EC. Validation of XP-C pathogenic variations in archival material from a live XP patient. DNA Repair. January 2007. Volume 6. Issue 1. Pages 115-120.
- Rivera-Begeman A, McDaniel LD, Schultz RA, Friedberg EC. A novel XPC pathogenic variant detected in archival material from a patient diagnosed with Xeroderma Pigmentosum: A case report and review of the genetic variants reported in XPC. DNA Repair. January 2—7. Volume 6. Issue 1. Pages 100-114.
- Rivera-Begeman A, Chamberlain W, Kroft S. New-Onset Thrombocytopenia and Anemia in a Patient with a Complex Medical History. LabMedicine. January 2006. Volume 37. Number 1.
- Rivera-Begeman A, Yeggapan S. Fatigue, Bronze-colored skin, and Skin Ulcerations in a 51 year-old Alcoholic Woman. LabMedicine. October 2004. Volume 35. Number 10.
- Rivera-Begaman A, Sarode R. Muscular Weakness and Respiratory Distress in a Pediatric Patient. LabMedicine. March 2003. Volume 34. Number 3.