President of Clinical Pathology Associates
(Oct. 2014 – Present)
Member of the Executive Committee
Joined Clinical Pathology Associates: 2005
Primary Service Location:
St. David’s North Austin Medical Center
- Clinical Pathology Associates – Director of Hematopathology Services
- Anatomic and Clinical Pathology (2000)
- Hematopathology (2001)
- Hematopathology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital (AP/CP)
- University of Pittsburgh
- Boston University
- Levin LI, Chang ET, Ambinder RF, Lennette ET, Rubertone MV, Mann RB, Borowitz M, Weir E, Abbondanzo S and Mueller NE. Atypical prediagnosis Epstein-Barr virus serology restricted to EBV-positive Hodgkin lymphoma. Blood, 120(18):3750-3755, 2012.
- Weir E, Ali Ansari-Lari M, Batista DA, Griffin CA, Fuller S, Smith BD and Borowitz MJ. Acute bilineal leukemia: a rare disease with poor outcome. Leukemia, 21(11):2264-2270, 2007.
- Weir E and Borowitz M. Acute leukemias of indeterminate lineage. In: Jaffe ES, Harris NL and Vardiman JW, editors. Diagnostic Hematopathology. Harcourt Health Sciences, New York, NY, In press,
- Weir E, Cowan K, LeBeau P and Borowitz M.J. A limited antibody panel can distinguish B-precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia from normal B precursors with four-color cytometry: Implications for residual disease detection. Leukemia 13(4):558-567, 1999.